We offer quality prismatic straight edges that are used for checking angle and flatness of machine tools dovetailed guide ways, fixtures and slides. Triangular straight edge, two faces are scrapped and angle between the scrapped faces (30 or 45 or 60 Degree) is accurately processed. The third side is painted and recessed for weight reduction in the bigger sizes.
Some of its unique features are:
- Luthra cast iron Prismatic Straight Edges are made of good quality closed grain cast iron strictly as per IS 210:1993 confirming to Grade FG-220.Castings are stress relieved either by natural ageing or by artificial seasoning.
- Working surfaces are finished by hand scrapping to desired accuracy as per IS 8823:1978.
- Provided with suitable M.S. handles on both end for easy lifting.
- Offered in sizes with various working angles between working faces as shown in the table.
- Prismatic Straight edges are supplied with computerized calibration certificate traceable to National Physical Laboratory (NPL, Govt of India) New Delhi